- 2016 Autumn/Monsoon (Aug - Dec)
Math Structure Systems Science: Analysis
The course assumes knowledge of elementary analysis (encourages self study) and focusses on somewhat advanced topics including
1) Measure and integration theory.
2) Classical Banach spaces including Lp spaces
3) Hilbert spaces
4) Contraction mapping and related topics
Lectures: Roughly 12 - 14 lectures each of hour and a half duration.
Evaluation: Two exams of 30 marks each. Regular homework 40 marks
Grader: Anand Deo
1. H. L. Royden, Real Analysis
2. A. M. Shiryaev, Probability
3. Kolmogorov and Fomin, Introductory Real Analysis