About meI am a research scholar in the School of Technology and Computer Science (STCS) at the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) located in Mumbai, India. I have submitted my Ph.D. thesis, done under the guidance of Jaikumar Radhakrishnan. I will soon be joining Technion, Israel as a postdoctoral researcher. My research interests lie primarily in algorithmic graph theory and related areas.
- B.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering from Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal, India.
- Schooling from Fahaheel Al Watanieh Indian Private School (FAIPS), Ahmadi, Kuwait.
My broad area of interest is theoretical computer science. Specifically, I am interested in algorithms, graph theory and combinatorics.
- Distance-preserving Subgraphs of Interval Graphs
- Minimizing Branching Vertices in Distance-preserving Subgraphs
- Parametric Shortest Paths in Planar Graphs
- I have given several talks as part of the STCS Student Seminar Series at TIFR. Here is a brief summary (in reverse chronological order).
- August 1, 2019. Murdering Squares and Rectangles using Guillotines.
- June 14, 2019. Finding Optimal Shortest Path Trees.
- January 25, 2019. Alternation-free Sequences and Parametric Shortest Paths.
- June 15, 2018. Hansel's Lemma and Interval Graphs.
- January 5, 2018. Parametric Shortest Paths in Directed Graphs.
- March 24, 2017. Liar Liar, Pants on Fire (jointly with Siddharth Bhandari).
- January 20, 2017. Galvin's Proof of Dinitz's Conjecture.
- August 21, 2015. Lovasz's Proof of Brooks' Theorem.
- September 12, 2014. Smallest Compact Formulation for the Permutahedron.
- January 31, 2014. Preserving Terminal Distances Using Minors.
- June 14, 2013. A Proof of Parikh's Theorem.
- As part of CSA Summer School 2019, I gave a talk titled Finding your Loved One in Linear Time at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India.
- I co-organized STCS Day 2019.
- I co-conducted the TIFR Founders Day Quiz 2019. If you are up for a challenge, here are the questions for the preliminary round, and here are the questions for the main rounds.
- As part of STCS Day 2017, I gave a talk titled Insertion Sort Revisited: Discovering Spearman's Footrule by accident (based on joint work with Jaikumar Radhakrishnan).
- As part of TIFR's public outreach programme (SPPOC), I gave a Chai and Why? public talk (jointly with Suhail Sherif) titled The Power of 2 at Ruparel College, Mumbai, India.
ContactPhone: +91 22 2278 2949 Office: A-206, TIFR. 1, Homi Bhabha Road, Near Navy Nagar, Colaba, Mumbai, India. PIN: 400005. Email: firstname [dot] lastname [at] tifr [dot] res [dot] in