Nandini Bondale, Ph.D.
Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba
Mumbai 400 005, India
Mobile: +91 9869089718
B.Sc. (Chemistry, Physics)
Ph.D. (Computational Linguistics)
(All From Mumbai University)
Speech, Language, Cognition and Human-Computer Interaction.
Principal Investigator for the national project on Development of Pronunciation Lexicon Based on Experimental Study of Phonetics and Phonemics of Indian Languages (Marathi Vertical)
1. Kulkarni V.G., Jayashree Ramdas, Ozarkar S.P., Nandini Bhat (Bondale), and Deshmane B.B. (1984), ‘Non-formal Science-Based Education; An interim report on R&D’, HBCSE, TIFR.
2. Narasimhan R. and Nandini Bondale (1989), ‘Perception and Performance: Some experience in Copying Geometric patterns by Elementary School Children’, Technical Report, TIFR.
3. Rao and Nandini Bondale (1992), `Syntax Semantics and Speech Recognition', Proceedings of the Second Regional workshop on Computer Processing of Asian Languages, Tata McGraw-Hill, New Delhi
4. Rao and Nandini Bondale (1992), `Blank Slate Language Processor for Speech Recognition', Proceedings of International Conference on Spoken Language Processing, Univ. of Alberta, Canada, pp. 329-332.
5. Ahuja, R., Bondale, N., Furtado, X., Jose, T., Krishnan, S., Poddar, P., Bhiksha, R., Rao P.V.S., Samudravijay, K. (1992), 'Recognition and Synthesis in Hindi Language', Proceedings of Workshop on Speech Technology, IIT Madras, India.
6. Ahuja, R., Bondale, N., Furtado, X., Jose, T., Krishnan, S., Poddar, P., Bhiksha, R., Rao P.V.S., Samudravijay, K. (1992), `VOICE - A Voice Oriented Interactive Computing Environment', VIVEK (special issue on the KBCS Project), Vol. 5, No. 4., pp. 23-31.
7. Rao and Nandini Bondale (1994), 'BSLP based Language Grammars for Child Speech', Proceedings of International Conference on Spoken Language Processing, Yokohama, Japan, pp. 1711-1714.
8. Rao and Nandini Bondale (1994), `Language Processing for Speech Recognition', Computer Science and Informatics Vol. 24, No. 4.
9. Nandini Bondale, Thesis
10. Samudravijay K., Ahuja R., Bondale N., Jose T., Krishnan S., Poddar P., Rao P.V.S. and Raveendran R., (1998), ‘A feature-based speech recognition system for Hindi’, SADHANA, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 313-340.
11. Bondale N., Maloor P., Vaidyanathan A., Sengupta S. and P.V.S. Rao, ‘Extraction of information from open-ended questionnaires using Natural Language Techniques’ , Computer Science and Informatics, Vol. 29, No. 2, June 1999, pp. 15-22.
12. Nandini Bondale, Joyanta Basu, Milton S. Bepari, ASR Consortium Pronunciation Specification for Lexicon Development, ‘Workshop on Standardization of Pronunciation Lexicon in Indic Languages’, New Delhi, May, 2011. http://www.w3cindia.in/presentation.aspx
13. Ranjani, H.G., Nandini Bondale and T.V. Sreenivas, ‘On Stochastic Approaches to Speech and Music Signal Analysis’, Proceedings of the International Symposium on Frontiers of Research on Speech and Music (FRSM 2012); pp. 1-5, 2012.
14. Nandini Bondale and Gaurav Gupta, ‘Augmenting Language tools for effective communications’, Proceedings of Indo-Japan Conference on Perception and Machine Intelligence, 2012, (PerMin 12), Springer LNCS 7143, pp. 122-128, 2012
15. Arun Pande, Sanjay Kimbahune, Nandini Bondale, Ratnendra Shinde, and Sunita Shanbhag, ‘Distributed Processing and Internet Technology to Solve Challenges of Primary Healthcare in India’, Proceedings of International Conference on Distributed Computing and Internet Technology 2012 (ICDCIT 2012), Springer LNCS 7154, pp. 188-199, 2012
16. Bondale, N.; Kimbahune, S.; Pande, A., "mHEALTH-PHC: A community informatic tool for primary healthcare in India," Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Technology and Society in Asia (T&SA), 2012, pp.1-6, 2012
17. Nandini Bondale and Thippur Sreenivas, “Emotiphons: Emotion Markers in Conversational Speech - Comparison across Indian Languages” Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop on Sentiment Analysis where AI meets Psychology (SAAIP 2012), pp. 73-79, The COLING 2012 Organizing Committee, 2012.
18. N. Bondale, S. Kimbahune, A. Pande, mHEALTH-PHC: An ICT Tool for Primary Healthcare in India, IEEE Technology and Society Magazine, Vol 32, Num 3, Fall 2013.
19. Bondale, N. ; Surve, V. ; Nadkarni, M. ; Parkhi, O. ; Joshi, P. ; Pandey, A. ; Issues in Developing Pronunciation Lexicon for Marathi, Proceedings of OCOCOSDA 2013.
20. Godambe, T. ; Bondale, N. ; Samudravijaya, K. ; Rao, P. ; 'Multi-speaker, narrowband , continuous Marathi speech database' , Proceedings of OCOCOSDA 2013.
21. S. Barhate, S. Kshirsagar, N. Sanghvi, K. Sabu, P. Rao and N. Bondale, "Prosodic features of Marathi news reading style," 2016 IEEE Region 10 Conference (TENCON), Singapore, 2016, pp. 2215-2218. doi: 10.1109/TENCON.2016.7848421 URL: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=7848421&isnumber=7847944
22. Nandini Bondale and Anup Deo, "The 'Unseen' Body; Biofield Scanning for Detection and Prediction of Health Issues", Fifth International Conference: Science And Scientist-2017, Kathmandu, Nepal. PP. 148-150
23. In Book: Nandini Bondale, Sanjay Kimbahune and Arun Pande, ¿Rural Community Health in India: Problems & Solutions¿ in the book ¿Mobile Health (mHealth) ¿ Multidisciplinary Verticals¿, Sasan Adibi (Ed), CRC Press, November 2014.