School of Technology and Computer Science
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba
juneja([( at)]) tifr dot res dot in
My research interests are primarily in applied probability - Am especially interested in Monte Carlo Methods; computational and mathematical finance, multi-armed bandit methods in learning theory; queuing and applications of game theory.
Publications (Includes papers available online)
Resume (Last updated May 2018)
New Workshop on Learning Theory (Jan 2-6, 2019, at TIFR, Mumbai)
Program on Advances in Applied Probability (PAAP) (August 5-17, 2019, ICTS Bangalore)
Potential Applicants to TIFR PhD program interested in working in applied probability or mathematical finance. Please note that in lieu of written entrance exam we accept GATE scores in mathematics (see). Selected students will then have to successfully perform in an interview to be offered admission.
Students interested in summer and other internships with me – Please note that we get many requests and our capacity is extremely limited. Only students who have demonstrated exceptional mathematical ability and general diligence (say, GPA in top 5 percentile and above and strong performance in math courses at an IIT or other reputed programs) would be considered.
Associate Editor, Stochastic Systems (2017 – present)
Associate Editor, Mathematics of Operations Research (2008 – 2016)
Associate Editor, Management Science. In the area of Stochastic Models and Simulation (2003 - 2009)
Associate Editor, ACM TOMACS. In the area of Monte Carlo simulation (2007- 2010)
Co-Guest Editor for a special issue of Annals of Operations Research, 2008-09
Track Coordinator, Risk Analysis, Winter Simulation Conferences 2006, 2008
Current Ph. D. Students
· Shubhada Agarwal
Former Ph. D. Students
· Santanu Dey 2013. Goldman Sachs in Bangalore
· Ankush Agarwal 2015. Adam Smith Business School, University of Glasgow
· Karthyek R A Murthy 2015. Singapore University of Technology and Design
· Tushar Raheja 2016. (IITD, jointly with Prof. Kiran Seth, IITD)
· Sarat B Moka 2017. The University of Queensland
· Distributed bid processing method for open-cry and descending price auctions. With Manish Gupta. Filed February 17, 2000. Awarded July 31, 2007. Number 7,251,630.
· System for optimal resource allocation and planning for hosting computing services. With Johara Shahabuddin; Kannan Balaji; Sanjiv Kapoor; Vishu Gupta; Ajay Chrungoo. Filed January 29, 2001. Awarded April 5, 2005. Number 6,877,035.