Professor (Former Dean)
School of Technology and Computer Science
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba
juneja([( at)]) tifr dot res dot in
My research interests are primarily in applied probability - Am especially interested in bandit methods in learning theory, financial mathematics, Monte Carlo methods; game theory applied to queues
Publications (Includes papers available online)
Resume (Last updated March 2022)
Program on Advances in Applied Probability II (paapii)
(January 4-8, 2021, Online. ICTS Bangalore)
Workshop on Learning Theory 2 (Jan 3-4, 2020, at TIFR, Mumbai)
Covid related reports
· Mittal, D., Juneja., S. and Agrawal, S. 2022. Shift, scale and restart smaller models to estimate larger ones: Agent based simulators in epidemiology. To appear in Performance Evaluation Review. (pdf)
· Juneja, S., Mittal, D. 2021. Potential 3rd COVID Wave in Mumbai: Scenario Analysis (Draft Report).
Juneja, S., Mittal, D. 2021. Modelling the Second Covid-19 Wave in Mumbai https://arxiv.org/pdf/2105.02144.pdf
Malani, A., Shah, D., Kang, G., Lobo, G.N., Shastri, J., Mohanan, M., Jain, R., Agrawal, S., Juneja, S., Imad, S. and Kolthur-Seetharam, U., 2021. Seroprevalence of SARS-CoV-2 in slums versus non-slums in Mumbai, India. The Lancet Global Health, 9(2), pp.e110-e111. (link) https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.08.27.20182741v1
· Achintya Eeshan, Sandeep Juneja, Daksh Mittal, Amey Noolkar, Ramprasad Saptharishi, Piyush Srivastava. 2021. Oxygen Planner for States in India STCS TIFR Oxygen Planner Team. A report specifying the methodology used in the oxygen planner tool developed.
· Harsha, P., Juneja, S., Mittal, D. and Saptharishi, R. 2020. COVID-19 Epidemic in Mumbai: Long term projections, full economic opening, and containment zones versus contact tracing and testing. Preprint. (updated_October pdf) https://arxiv.org/abs/2011.02032 (Early September pdf)
P Harsha, S Juneja, P Patil, N Rathod, R Saptharishi, A. Y. Sarath, S Sriram, P Srivastava, R Sundaresan, N K. Vaidhiyan. 2020. COVID-19 Epidemic Study II: Phased Emergence From the Lockdown in Mumbai. http://arxiv.org/abs/2006.03375
S. Bhandari, A. Bhattacharjee, A. Deo, N. Dixit, P. Harsha, S. Juneja, P.
Kesarwani, A. Swamy, P. Patil, N. Rathod, R. Saptharishi, S. Shriram, P.
Srivastava, R. Sundaresan, N. K. Vaidhiyan, and S. Yasodharan (2020). CityScale
Agent-Based Simulators for the Study of Non-Pharmaceutical Interventions in the
Context of the COVID-19 Epidemic. Journal of the Indian Institute of Science,
Potential Applicants to TIFR PhD program interested in working in applied probability or mathematical finance. Please note that in lieu of written entrance exam we accept GATE scores in mathematics (see). Selected students will then have to successfully perform in an interview to be offered admission.
Students interested in summer and other internships with me – Please note that we get many requests and our capacity is extremely limited. Only students who have demonstrated exceptional mathematical ability and general diligence (say, GPA in top 5 percentile and above and strong performance in math courses at an IIT or other reputed programs) would be considered.
Associate Editor, Stochastic Systems (2017 – present)
Associate Editor, Mathematics of Operations Research (2008 – 2016)
Associate Editor, Management Science. In the area of Stochastic Models and Simulation (2003 - 2009)
Associate Editor, ACM TOMACS. In the area of Monte Carlo simulation (2007- 2010)
Co-Guest Editor for a special issue of Annals of Operations Research, 2008-09
Track Coordinator, Risk Analysis, Winter Simulation Conferences 2006, 2008
Current Ph. D. Students
· Shubhada Agarwal
· Anirban Bhatacharjee
· Sushant Vijayan
Former Ph. D. Students
· Santanu Dey 2013. Goldman Sachs in Bangalore
· Ankush Agarwal 2015. Adam Smith Business School, University of Glasgow
· Karthyek R A Murthy 2015. Singapore University of Technology and Design
· Tushar Raheja 2016. (IITD, jointly with Prof. Kiran Seth, IITD)
· Sarat B Moka 2017. The University of Queensland
· Anand Deo 2021. Post-doc at Singapore University of Technology and Design
· Distributed bid processing method for open-cry and descending price auctions. With Manish Gupta. Filed February 17, 2000. Awarded July 31, 2007. Number 7,251,630.
· System for optimal resource allocation and planning for hosting computing services. With Johara Shahabuddin; Kannan Balaji; Sanjiv Kapoor; Vishu Gupta; Ajay Chrungoo. Filed January 29, 2001. Awarded April 5, 2005. Number 6,877,035.